Friday, August 23, 2013

I started reading on Kazuo Inamori, the founder of Kyocera

I'm thinking about writing an book on zen-like spirituality among Japanese tech companies' CEOs in English.

I have started reading biographies of Japanese tech companies CEOs, and now I am reading a auto-biography of Mr. Kazuo Inamori, the founder of Kyocera.  It is quite an interesting story.  I'd like to introduce some episodes from the book which reflect his spirituality on this blog.

Mr. Inamori was born in Kagoshima prefecture, Japan in 1932.  According to his auto-biography "My resume: Kasuo Inamori, Bulliy's auto-biography," he was quite a bully when he was a boy.  As he grew up, he went through many hardships; bombing during the WWⅡ, flunking, failing school entrance exams, suffering tuberculosis, and so on.

"I lost everything during the war.  I couldn't get a job after the war.  Nothing goes the way I want, I thought, " wrote Inamori.  There are many ups and downs in life.  Some people are blessed with good fortunes, others with bad fortunes.  Yet kinds of events the life serves you doesn't really matter, says Inamori.  What matters is how your heart handle those life events.  "Through hardships you should never forget hope for bright future.  When you succeed, you should never forget to thank people and to be humble," wrote Inamori.

No comments: